Saturday 23 February 2013

Me,Finance & Nestle (M)

Since my 2nd year at uni, i had found myself diverging my interest from economics to finance. My journey in this field started when i applied for several classes that links to financial field, participated and represented my uni in several competitions with finance based and completed my internship in one of well known bank in Malaysia.

IIUM team for PNB Investment Quiz 2010

Until now, the interest is still growing though i didn't involve in financial market directly anymore. The star business still be my loyal breakfast on my way to office, Yahoo finance website still be the best platform for me to do stock analysis on selected companies that i have interest with (only if i have spare time) and every month part of my monthly salary will be invested in buying books where 40% of my collections now are related to finance. See how i'm deadly in love with finance. 

Life has become extensively exciting when for the first time ever i have monitoring closely the performance of Nestle (M), given the fact that

I'm part of the company

Seriously the feelings are indescribable as i had some sort like proud+happy+stress+bliss+curious feelings every time i read about Nestle (M) on media. Such a beautiful gift i ever have in my life. Alhamdulillah :)
.
Reading Nestle announcement on Bursa regards to the company's performance last year. 
And recently Nestle(M) has announced full year performance report on Bursa Malaysia. As expected, handsome profits were gained along with several major leading factors that include strong domestic demands that grows by diverse promotional and marketing activities, easing in commodities price which impacted Net Margin of the company and good working capital management that translated into lower financing cost. These factors have resulted into:
  1. Turnover of RM1.1 billion in Q4 2012, up by 2.5% from corresponding period in 2011, coupled with improvement in Net Profit.
  2. The Full Year 2012 closes with an annual turnover of RM4.6 billion and a net profit of RM505.4 million with an underlying margin improvement of 100 bps
Alhamdulillah, with finance background that i have, it feels great that i am able reading and translating the financial report for the company that i'm working with.Though i just about 9 months old with the company, i'm glad that i'm part of it.

What a surprise! Token of appreciation right after Nestle (M) announced the performance last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment